Tuesday 12 January 2010

Week 1-2nd post


Hey all!
Ok, bare with me. For my sanity, I am going to go back and organize my info into days since I've been here, just so I can add in pictures in the right order. I promise after that though, I will tell all about my flat, my classes, and how settling in is going for the first week!

View from hotel

Day 1: Arriving in Edinburgh!!
We stayed at the Apex International Hotel on Grassmarket Street. Apparently, this street is great for pubs, bars, and clubs...so I'm sure I'll be back. It also sits at the base of the Old Town in Edinburgh, which is also the base of the Edinburgh Castle. (The castle is up above and the pubs line the street in the picture above)

Day 2&3: Orientation, making friends, and NOT sleeping!
For the next two days, we went on bus tours of the city, walked around (everywhere), and tried to orient ourselves with the city, all the while attempting to make new friends during one of the scariest experiences of my life! Luckily, I found a great group of girls and I feel like I've known them forever already! We went to dinner these two nights, met some cool people, and walked the most beautiful city in the world!

Views from the city
Friends! Out to dinner and pubs--and Vincenzo! Our crazy waiter from our first dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment